This Page

has been moved to new address

Ginger Chicken w/ Braised Baby Bok Choy

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Penny Pinching Epicure: Ginger Chicken w/ Braised Baby Bok Choy

Monday, January 11, 2010

Ginger Chicken w/ Braised Baby Bok Choy

As you may have already figured out, I'm a big fan of Asian food. This recipe was my attempt at recreating a dish from one of my favorite Asian restaurants. I figure, for what I pay for one serving, I can make myself with enough to serve 4.

I think I did a pretty good job :)




Ginger Chicken w/ Braised Baby Bok Choy

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, peeled
10 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp rice vinegar
1-inch chunk of ginger, peeled and sliced into very thin strips
3 baby bok choy, sliced in half lengthwise
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips

Directions:
  1. Heat oil in large skillet and saute onion until soft, 4-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 5-6 minutes more. Add mushrooms and cook until they are soft and have released their juices, 8-10 minutes.
  2. Add soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, & ginger, stirring to combine.
  3. Add baby bok choy, cut side down. Cook 2 minutes, then flip over and cook 2 minutes on the other side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
  4. Add chicken to skillet, stirring to coat in sauce. Cover and cook 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Serve over brown basmati rice for a healthy and flavorful dinner!

The cost:
onion: .45
mushrooms: 1.99
baby bok choy: 2.49
chicken: 5.99

Grand total: $10.92; serves 4

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home