This Page

has been moved to new address

Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Baby Sweet Potatoes

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Penny Pinching Epicure: Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Baby Sweet Potatoes

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Baby Sweet Potatoes

Last night I made dinner for AK and myself; I decided on my baked BBQ tofu and a pot of quinoa, but also wanted something else so I roasted some brussel sprouts and sliced baby sweet potatoes with just a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

P.S. In response to some comments I'm going to start having periodic posts about entire meals, such as the one I made last night. I whipped the whole thing up in about 20 minutes, then just had to wait for everything to cook with very little maintenance.



Roasted Brussel Sprouts & Baby Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients:

1 bag brussel sprouts
1 container baby sweet potatoes (about 8)
1 Tbsp light olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Slice brussel sprouts in half lengthwise. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick rings.
  3. Place veggies in a roasting pan, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with spices. Toss to coat.
  4. Roast in the oven covered 20-25 minutes, then uncovered 8-10 minutes.
The cost:
brussel sprouts: 2.49
sweet potatoes: 1.99

Grand total: $4.48; serves 4 as a side dish

Meal cost:
tofu: 2.98
roasted veggies: 4.48
quinoa: 3.99 (if you count buying the box, I only used about 1/3)

Meal grand total: $11.45

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home