This Page

has been moved to new address

Baked BBQ Tofu

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Penny Pinching Epicure: Baked BBQ Tofu

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Baked BBQ Tofu

Yesterday was an unbelievably long day at work, so when I got home I knew I wanted to cook dinner but didn't want to put in too much effort. I had a block of tofu in my fridge so I decided on one of my fave tofu dishes that I actually hadn't made in quite a while. I couldn't exactly remember what I used to put in the marinade but it was still good :)

I like my sauce tangy, but if you prefer more sweetness than the ketchup provides, add 1 tsp of honey or brown sugar.

Note: I make my own bbq style sauce, but if you are caught in a time crunch you can definitely just use the bottled kind.

Warning: These baked tofu quadrangles are addictive; I'd eat the entire batch in one sitting if I let myself!


Baked BBQ Tofu

Ingredients:

1 block extra firm tofu
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp vinegar (I like rice wine)
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
3 splashes hot sauce

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Cut tofu into 3 flat sheets and press between paper towels to drain some of the internal liquid. Cut each sheet into 6 equal pieces.
  3. Whisk all ingredients but tofu together; pour marinade over tofu and let sit 5-10 minutes, or longer if you like. Flip pieces to coat all over.
  4. Remove tofu pieces, shaking lightly to remove excess sauce. Lay tofu on a baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes or until edges are crispy, flipping halfway through cook time.
The cost:
tofu: 1.99
other ingredients: <.99

Grant total: 2.98, give or take; serves 3-4 over rice or quinoa with a side of steamed veggies

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home