This Page

has been moved to new address

Recipe Remix: Zesty Banana Nut Muffins

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Penny Pinching Epicure: Recipe Remix: Zesty Banana Nut Muffins

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Recipe Remix: Zesty Banana Nut Muffins

I had an abundance of brown bananas desperately calling to me last night (thanks EZRJ :)), but halfway through my batter mixing process I realized I was out of chocolate chips! Banana nut muffins without the chocolate chips just don't do it for me, so I had to quickly think of another way to jazz the muffins up.

I settled on the zest and juice from a meyer lemon (leftover from last week), along with a bit of freshly ground nutmeg. The result: The best batch of gluten free muffins I have made yet!


Zesty Banana Nut Muffins

Ingredients:

3 overripe bananas, pureed
2 eggs
1/4 cup applesauce
splash of vanilla (bourbon for the adventurous)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
zest and juice of 1 meyer lemon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 + 1/4 cup flour (I used gluten free bread mix)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
  1. Blend bananas, eggs, applesauce, sugar, salt, nutmeg, lemon zest and juice.
  2. Sift together BP, BS and flour. Using a whisk, stir dry ingredients into wet until combined. If the mixture still seems a bit too loose, add a few Tbsp more of flour (you want a pretty thick consistency). Fold in walnuts.
  3. Divide batter evenly into a greased 12 muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees 12-15 minutes until edges are browned and tops are firm and golden.
The cost: Less than $4.00 per batch.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home