This Page

has been moved to new address

Crispy Roasted Carrot Chips

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Penny Pinching Epicure: Crispy Roasted Carrot Chips

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Crispy Roasted Carrot Chips


I was going back through a bunch of my old food magazines and found a great recipe in Cooking Light for smoked paprika roasted carrots.

I made a lot of modifications: I halved the recipe since I only had just over a pound of carrots; I scrubbed rather than peeled the carrots so I wouldn't lose all of the vitamins and nutrients; I cut down on the oil because it felt like way more than I needed (isn't Cooking Light supposed to be, well, light?); I thinly sliced the carrots and baked them low and slow so they would get all crispy.

Warning: It took a lot of willpower not to eat these all at once (although it's pretty healthy, so I guess it wouldn't have been so bad :)).

Crispy Roasted Carrot Chips
Inspired by "Carrots Roasted w/ Smoked Paprika," Cooking Light, December 2009

Ingredients:

1 lb carrots, sliced lengthwise (~1/8 inch thick)
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp black pepper
  1. Scrub carrots and slice thinly (about 1/8 of an inch, using a mandoline is best) and place in a large zip-top bag.
  2. Add oil to bag and toss to coat. Sprinkle in spices and toss to coat.
  3. Lay carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, turning once during baking, until chips are crispy.
The cost:
carrots: .89
other ingredients: <1.00

Grand total: $1.89

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home