This Page

has been moved to new address

Creamy Edamame Dip

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Penny Pinching Epicure: Creamy Edamame Dip

Friday, March 26, 2010

Creamy Edamame Dip


I had intended to make a cilantro chumus for my St. Patrick's Day Dinner Party, but a quick look in my pantry revealed I was out of chickpeas!

Plan B: I had a bag of shelled edamame from Trader Joe's in my freezer, and although I had never tried it before, I figured, how bad could it be if I substituted edamame for chickpeas?

It was delicious (pictures didn't come out so great but trust me, it's quite tasty). Unlike chumus, the edamame dip came out lighter and fluffier. Definitely a keeper.

Notes:
  • I made this in my immersion blender attachment which is pretty much a mini food processor. I had to do it in 2 batches since not all of it fit at once, but you can also make this in a blender or food processor all in one shot.
  • I used unsalted edamame; if yours are pre-salted, add salt to taste rather than the amount in the ingredient list.


Creamy Edamame Dip

Ingredients:

1 lb shelled edamame
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
pinch of black pepper
2 Tbsp water, coconut milk or other dairy free alternative

Directions:
  1. Cook edamame according to package directions and cool (not necessary if they are already cooked).
  2. Blend together edamame, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add liquid 1 tsp at a time until mixture forms a creamy consistency (you made need only a few teaspoons). Add additional salt & pepper to taste. Chill before serving.
The cost:
edamame: 1.99
other ingredients: <1.00

Grand total: $3.99; serves 12-14 (makes about 4 cups of dip)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home