This Page

has been moved to new address

Spicy Cajun Salmon w/ Caramelized Leeks

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Penny Pinching Epicure: Spicy Cajun Salmon w/ Caramelized Leeks

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Spicy Cajun Salmon w/ Caramelized Leeks

I'm in Dallas for the Thanksgiving holiday visiting my sister and her family, and very much enjoying the sunny weather as well as my sister's cooking. As you may have read in a previous post, my sister is an unbelievably good cook (although I made my cholent this week and her husband couldn't stop raving, so at least I know I got some of the good chef genes :)). She made this salmon for dinner, which is similar to a recipe I have made except she does a savory rather than my sweet version (stay tuned for my version in the near future).

Note: Fresh salmon is always better than frozen, but frozen can work just as well (make sure to thaw completely in cold water before baking). You can use just one filet, or multiple small filets, but make sure to reduce the cooking time accordingly if you are using smaller pieces.

Spicy Cajun Salmon w/ Caramelized Leeks

1 tsp vegetable oil
2 leeks, cleaned & chopped
1 lb salmon, deboned
1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Heat oil in saute pan and cook leeks over medium flame until soft, about 5 minutes.
  3. Place salmon on greased cooking sheet. Rub seasoning all over salmon, then pour leeks over top, spreading evenly to cover fish.
  4. Bake in oven 15-20 minutes or until fish is flaky, interior is pink and cooked, and leeks have caramelized (if leeks are getting very brown and fish is not yet cooked all the way through, cover with foil to avoid burning).
  5. Finish with a splash of lemon juice just before serving.
The cost:
leeks: 2.00
salmon: 6.99

Grand total: 8.99; serves 4-6 as an appetizer, 3-4 as a main.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home