This Page

has been moved to new address

A Light Post-Thanksgiving Recipe

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Penny Pinching Epicure: A Light Post-Thanksgiving Recipe

Friday, November 27, 2009

A Light Post-Thanksgiving Recipe

We all know what it is. That post-Thanksgiving "oh my, I probably should not have eaten so much, I just won't eat today" feeling. Bad idea. Never detox from overeating by fasting, just eat light--salad, fruit, lean proteins.

Here is a great low-calorie recipe that goes well with sliced apples--it is by no means my recipe as you can find it all over the internet, but I'll share it anyway with that caveat. I have improved upon the original just a bit for the holiday season--enjoy!

Pumpkin Fluff

Ingredients

1 container Cool Whip Free, defrosted
1 (12-14 oz) can plain pumpkin
1 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
1 package fat free, sugar free pudding mix (I like butterscotch or vanilla)

Directions:
  1. Mix Cool Whip, pumpkin and spices until combined.
  2. Add pudding mix and stir until smooth.
Note: I put the pudding mix in last or else sometimes it sets and clumps.

The cost:
cool whip: 1.00 (on sale)
pumpkin: 1.29
pudding: 1.00

Grand total: 3.29; serve with sliced apples, pita chips, pretzels or other snack items

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home